Product Features and Details
Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 01.10 express train steam locomotive with an older design boiler and a type 2´3 T38 coal tender. Black/red basic paint scheme. Version without streamlining. Striking crosswise mounted feedwater heater on the smoke box. Dual headlights. Witte smoke deflectors and inductive magnet on one side. The locomotive looks as it did around 1950.
This item is being produced as a one-time series
- Completely new tooling.
- Class 01.10 with an older design boiler and a striking feedwater heater for the first time in the Trix program.
- Especially intricate metal construction.
- A variety of separately applied details.
- Factory-installed smoke unit and speed-dependent dynamic smoke exhaust.
- Cab lighting, firebox flickering, and running gear lights controlled digitally.
- RailCom-capable DCC/mfx digital decoder included.
- Buffer height adheres to the NEM.
Model: The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled, high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. The locomotive has a factory-installed smoke unit, with speed-dependent dynamic smoke exhaust. Dual headlights, which change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting, firebox flickering, and running gear lights can be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free, warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. There is a close coupler with an NEM pocket and a guide mechanism on the tender. The buffer height on the locomotive and tender adheres to the NEM. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Piston rod protection sleeves and brake hoses are included.
Length over the buffers 27.7 cm / 10-7/8".