Product Features and Details
Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 420 S-Bahn powered rail car train. The train looks as it did around 1980. Version of the Munich network S-Bahn in a "Gravel Gray" / blue paint scheme.
The train has a DCC/mfx digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has a 5-pole skewed armature motor with a flywheel, centrally mounted. Four axles on the intermediate car are powered through cardan shafts. The frame for the intermediate car is constructed of die-cast metal. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. The train has triple headlights and dual red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel. The end cars have a pickup changeover feature so that the pickups at the front of the train are the ones picking up power. Lighted destination signs along with the headlights / marker lights can be controlled digitally. There is a close coupler guide mechanism and electrical connections between the cars. The special coupling included with the train allows it to be coupled to other ET 420 units for prototypical operation. The train has factory-installed interior lighting. Different destination signage for the Munich S-Bahn network is included with the train. The bodies for the train are made of highly detailed plastic with many separately applied details such as grab irons, electrical connections, windshield wipers, antennas, whistles, and horns. The train has interior details. The ends of the train have a detailed representation of the Scharfenberg coupler (a dummy coupler). Length over the couplers 77.5 cm / 30-1/2".
- DCC/mfx digital decoder and extensive sound functions included.
- Factory-installed interior lighting.
- Authentic reproduction for the Munich S-Bahn service.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 37508.
- Era IV
- Digital locomotives with high-efficiency propulsion. Maximum speed and acceleration / delay are adjustable. Special motor with electronically enhanced load compensation or a compact bellshaped armature. Can be operated with Märklin transformers, in the Märklin Delta system or in the Märklin Digital system. One controllable auxiliary function (function), when the locomotive is being run in the Digital system.
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights and two red marker lights that change over with the direction of travel.
- Built-in LED interior lighting
- Lighting with warm white LED?s
- Metal locomotive frame
- Power supply can be switched to operate from catenary
- Scale for the passenger car length 1: 87