Product Features and Details
Prototype: Heavy steam freight locomotive with a type 2´2´T30 tub-style tender (former class 42). Luxembourg State Railways (CFL) museum locomotive. Black basic paint scheme with black wheels and side and drive rods inlaid in red. With standard design Witte smoke deflectors, pilot truck wheel set with solid wheels, rail clearance devices with large scoops, both lower headlights in the front of the locomotive built into the cylinder block. No smokebox access step below the smokebox door. With a clearance gauge on the tender. Locomotive road number 5519. The locomotive looks as it currently does in real life.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 5 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and the tub-style tender are constructed mostly of metal. A 7226 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The double headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting can be controlled in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. The rear of the tender and the front of the locomotive have close couplers with NEM pockets and guide mechanisms. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective piston sleeves, brake hoses, and imitation prototype couplers are included.Length over the buffers 26.4 cm / 10-3/8".
- Prototypical tooling changes for the version as a CFL museum locomotive.
- Rail clearance devices with large scoops.
- Especially finely modelled metal construction.
- Digital decoder and a variety of operation and sound functions included.
This model can be found in an AC version in the Märklin H0 assortment under item number 39046.
- Era VI
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Dual headlights front and rear with light changeover in one direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.