Product Features and Details
Steam locomotive 85 009 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
The model is equipped with many sound functions and dynamic steam from the chimney. The dynamic steam from Roco provides a driving and noise synchronous smoke emission of the locomotive.
- Delicately designed model with many separately applied plug-in parts
- Operating condition around 1959 with DB emblem
- Number plates with pointed numbers
- Smoke deflectors
- Finely elaborated metal wheel sets
- Model with a switchable red taillight pointing towards the tender
There were only 10 locomotives of the approximately 133-tons heavy tender locomotives built and operated on the lines of the so-called "Höllentalbahn". The locomotives of the class 85 were the heaviest steam locomotives that were ever used in Germany. Because of their superior tractive force, the bullish looking tender locomotives proved to be very successful when operating on steep mountain inclines. Since the locomotives had a superior performance, the toothed racks became totally unnecessary and were removed as early as 1933. The locomotives were also much appreciated by the staff of the locomotives and enjoyed great popularity as they reduced the travel times of passenger trains by more than 1/3 of the original travel time.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 5
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Switchable smoke generator - yes
- Flywheel - yes
- separate etched plates - yes
- Motor - 5-pole motor
- Buffer capacitor - yes
- Interior lighting - LED
- Interior lighting - Digital switchable