Product Features and Details
Diesel locomotive ST44-360 of the Polish State Railways.
¦ Current version in retro livery
¦ With large headlamps and chrome strip bellow the driver's cab windows
¦ Many separately applied parts
¦ High operational safety and an excellent traction power for long trains
¦ In digital mode available with individually switchable headlights and tail light
"The Gagarin" - The legend lives on !"
In 1965 the delivery of a total of 1.113 standard gauge M62 diesel locomotives to the PKP started and was continued until 1988. The PKP designated the locos as class ST44. In Poland, the locomotives were nicknamed "Gagarin" because of their Russian origin. Initially delivered in the classic green livery, they were later given a yellow front surface for better identification. In contrast to the other M62 locomotives, the large headlamps, at the time standard with PKP locomotives, provided the ST44 with a characteristic appearance.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 6
- Interior fitting - Driver's cab
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.
- Buffer capacitor - yes