Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive 185 077 of the Deutsche Bahn.
• Pantographs with innovative fastening
• Separately attached windscreen wipers
• Pilots fastened to chassis
• Elaborately printed model
• LED headlight
• For the first time with PluX22 interface and PluX22 sound decoder
• Individually switchable headlight or tail light and driver's cab lighting in digital mode
The order from DB Cargo for 200 such units was the main impetus for the development of the TRAXX AC1, as the locomotive type was retroactively designated in 2003. The designation TRAXX stands for "Transnational Railway Applications with eXtreme fleXibility". The locomotive, directly derived from the class 145 but with a modified design and class designation, could now be used for both the 15 kV/16 2/3 Hz and the 25 kV/ 50 Hz AC voltage systems common in Europe. With a weight of 84 t, it is able to produce a continuous output of 5.6 MW, and is authorised for 140 km/h.