Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive Rh 1041 of the Ã–BB, epoch IV, AC with sound
After the Second World War, the Austrian Federal Railways had a great need for new electric locomotives in order to be able to replace older steam locomotives promptly. This led, among other things, to the development of the new Rh 1041 locomotive. Between 1951 and 1953, 25 units of the Rh 1041, which had speeds of up to 90 km / h (but only approved for 80 km / h) and weighed 83 tons, with the Bo'Bo 'axle configuration were put into service and stationed in Attnang-Puchheim, Selzthal and Bischofshofen, among others. The main field of activity of the 15.32 m long electric locomotive comprised mainly regional and freight train traffic, but also shunting in the last few years. The distinctive machines with their electrical equipment from AEG, BBC, ELIN and SSW proved their worth in the assigned area of â€‹â€‹application. By the end of 2003, all vehicles in the series were retired from active service during a fundamental modernization process at Ã–BB. Some examples have been preserved as museum locomotives, including 1041.15, which was largely rebuilt to its original state.