Product Features and Details
Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) E 69 electric locomotive and three Prussian design compartment cars, 1 each type B3, 1 each type C3 with a brakeman's cab, and 1 each type C3tr. "Bottle Green" paint scheme. Locomotive road number 69 02. The train looks as it did in 1952.
Model: The E 69 has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. 2 axles powered. Traction tires. The triple headlights and dual red marker lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free LEDs are used for the lighting. The locomotive has a current-conducting coupler that can be turned on/off digitally. It also has separately applied metal grab irons. The compartment cars have factory-installed LED interior lighting. They also have current-conducting couplers that can be uncoupled. The type C3tr car has built-in marker lights. Total length over the buffers approximately 51 cm / 20".
- E 69 includes extensive sound functions for the first time.
- mfx+ digital decoder.
- Current-conducting coupler that can be turned on/off digitally.
- Factory-installed LED interior lighting.
- Current-conducting couplers that can be uncoupled.
- Train marker lights.
Road number E 69 02 harkens back to the early years of electric motive power. This unit gave service as the oldest electric locomotive on the German Federal Railroad from 1954 to its being retired in 1981. It is closely linked with its original route, the branch line Murnau – Oberammergau, until 1938 owned by the Local Railroad, Inc. of Munich (LAG) and known as a route to bring people to the famous Oberammergau Passion Play that takes place every ten years. Road number E 69 02 was placed into service on May 19, 1909 as LAG 2 "Pauline" and had its first big test to prove itself in the following year during the Passion Play performances. After just a few years doing a "guest performance" in Heidelberg, it was back on its original route until 1981 performing reliably and can now be found in the Nürnberg Transportation Museum.