Product Features and Details
Body: Triple LED headlights alternating with the direction of travel. Modifications and inscriptions relating to the epoch in comparison to model L131181 have been taken into consideration. Otherwise identical to L131181.
The Baden VI b was the first German tender locomotive with the axle sequence 1'C1'. It was developed by Maffei for the Grand Ducal Baden State Railways in order to improve operations for example on the Höllen railway rout. In 1900 there were still 15 serving as saturated steam locomotives. Another eight blocks of about 100 locomotives followed till 1908. Noteworthy on these locos was the connection pipe between the two steam domes. Generating 540 hp and a top speed of 80 km/h it soon became too weak for service on the main line routes and was gradually replaced by the more powerful, faster and also approximately 1000 mm longer successor the Class VIc. However, despite everything, or perhaps precisely because of this, the locomotives slowly became distributed throughout Germany. Of the 131 locomotives, 122 were taken on by the German State Railway and assigned the Class 75 1-3 . Between 1921 and 1923 another block of 42 locomotives was delivered. The German Federal Railways obtained 117 of the vehicles. 1962 saw the last representative of this locomotive, the 75 299, finally withdrawn from service. Seven locos served with the German State Railways in Eastern Germany until finally decommissioned by 1965.