Product Features and Details
Model Features: - 5-pole motor with flywheel - 2 traction tires - LÜP 99.6 mm - Weight approx. 70gr. - Current collection via 4 axes - KKK with NEM coupler pocket - Next18 NEM 662 interface - incl. ESU 4.0 sound decoder with E17 org. sound - Receive Min. Radius 2 - finest painting and printing
In 1927 the DRG ordered a total of 38 electric locomotives of the E17 series for the medium-heavy express train service. They were the first express locomotives with the 1D1 wheelbase. The locomotives were intended for use in southern Germany and central Germany and were assigned according to the DBs Munich and Leipzig. While the E17-101, 106 and E17-112 were delivered directly to the BW Leipzig, the locomotives E17-107 to 111 first came to Munich in the spring and summer of 1929. Presumably to be there for the special trains in the context of the Oberammergau Passion Play available. In December 1929, they were then transferred to Leipzig.
From 1933 they came to BW Stuttgart and Ulm for use. The E17-113 / E17-120 were intended for use in the Silesian network. Five of them came to the BW Wroclaw. After World War II, 26 locomotives were still in service at the German Federal Railroad and two at the Deutsche Reichsbahn Ost. The two DR machines were retired in 1968, while the last 117-106 was retired on April 24, 1980.