Product Features and Details
Prototype: In 1950, the first three 22.4 m double-deck coaches with a unit body for travel at Wegmann in Kassel were built. In 1951, followed by the three 26.4 m cars. In the era of IIIa were originally two trains with three cars as a class 3, 2/3 class, and a dining car in the distinctive blue livery. Both types of cars in a train headed from the epoch IIIb. Up to 5 cars were up. The sixth car remained in reserve. The dining car was converted to a pure pushchair. These cars were also combined with normal built-up as a train. placed in service in 1951, she ran Hamburg/Bremen, from 1963/64 Kiel/Lübeck, from 1966/67 greater Cologne between the Ruhr and Frankfurt in 1953 in city traffic. In the early 1970s the vehicles were retired after almost 20 years of use. In the course of their nearly 20-year commitment, the painting of the steel blue, Ep.IIIb, moved EP over bottle green Ep.IIIb to chromium oxide green. IIIb IV.