Product Features and Details
Battery powered rail car class 515 with control cab coach of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
¦ Rich detailing on the model in ocean blue / beige livery
¦ Unobstructed view through the passenger compartment
¦ Model with separately applied plug-in parts
¦ Headlights and interior lighting can be switched via DIP switch
¦ Z21 driver's cab is available !
The accumulator railcars were already introduced in Germany before the First World War. The 2-part accumulator railcars of the type "Wittfeld", whose accumulators were housed in the prominent stems, operated until after the Second World War. After 1945, the German Federal Railways began again to deal with this type of power drive. The ETA 176 has made a name for itself as the "Limburg cigar", but only eight of them were built. From 1953, the more cost-effective ETA 150, which had approximately the same features as the ETA 176, was put into service in large numbers. From the ETA 150 (from 1968 designated series 515) a total of 232 units were built until 1965. Furthermore, 216 driving trailers of the type ESA 150 (later designated series 815) were put into operation.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Interior fitting - Model with interior furnishing
- Interior fitting - Driver's cab
- Coupling - NEM shaft 355 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 192 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units Next18
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.