Product Features and Details
Plastic sheet and coloured paper. Modelling water scenes with lake sheets and coloured paper underneath is ideal for easy model layout construction.
1. A 20 mm thick Styrofoam plate serves as the water underground to which drop for drop a little solvent (nitro-cellulose combination thinner) is applied - that creates a rippled underground. This is then painted with poster paint (blue and green).
2. The lake sheet is placed onto the body of water, the shore marked approx. 5 mm larger than the body of water and the sheet cut out accordingly.
3. The coloured water underground is made even more realistic looking with moss (170730/170729), bushes, etc.
4. The fitted lake sheet is then placed over the »body of water« and levelled out into the shore with compound (180502/180503).
5. To decorate the shore the same material applied for general scenic modelling is used.
More tips on this in the brochure »Modelling Made Easy« (190840/190842).