Product Features and Details
The Alsace-Lorraine Imperial Railways procured a large amount of operating equipment according to Prussian standards for uniform design and construction („Normalien“). Many of these waggons were transferred to the newly established French state railway SNCF in 1938. Many other freight wagons of German design were transferred to the SNCF after 1945. In 1951, the Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB) and the SNCF founded the EUROP wagon pool, in which open and closed goods waggons were placed together for common use. In addition to waggons in accordance with OCEM design principles, the SNCF also placed numerous waggons of German origin or in accordance with German pattern drawings in the EUROP wagon pool. Among them were also numerous G wagons following the Prussian A2 master drawing.