Product Features and Details
Road no. 6.571.915
Model: Boiler, chassis, tender and body in die-cast zinc; finest metal spoked wheels; smoke generator and sound decoder, either built in or as a retrofit option; true-to epoch lighting, multipart lamp housing; illuminated driver's cab; standard shaft front and rear with link guide; close coupling between locomotive and tender; perfectly replicated back boilerplate; metal, filigree reversing gear; finest paintwork and printing; lines and extra mounted parts in minimum material thickness; drive in the locomotive; empty coal chute, coal insert enclosed; single axle bearing; original colour replication: black As early as during the First World War, the Austrian Heeresbahn (army railway) deployed the G 10 in Galicia. Up to the “Anschluss” in 1938, BBÖ (Austrian railway) often temporarily borrowed 57s from DRG. After the end of the war, a large number of G 10 remained in the four Austrian occupation zones. A total of 151 locomotives were registered on 31/12/1947. After further decommissionings and elimination of a “phantom locomotive”, this left 100 engines at ÖBB, spread among the directorates of Innsbruck, Linz and Villach. From 1953, 96 of the locomotives were designated as “657”, while retaining their numbers and adding a dot. Main stations were Attnang, Linz, Knittelfeld and Wels. By 1960, the fleet had halved. Now Linz had the most engines, at 20. There is another working “657” in Austria again today. It is the 657.2770, which the ÖGEG (Austrian Railway History Society) brought back from Romania and restored to working order. It has also appeared as a “German” 57 at events in Bavaria.