Product Features and Details
Road no. 57 2046
Model: Boiler, chassis, tender and body in die-cast zinc; finest metal spoked wheels; smoke generator and sound decoder, either built in or as a retrofit option; true-to epoch lighting, multipart lamp housing; illuminated driver's cab; standard shaft front and rear with link guide; close coupling between locomotive and tender; perfectly replicated back boilerplate; metal, filigree reversing gear; finest paintwork and printing; lines and extra mounted parts in minimum material thickness; drive in the locomotive; empty coal chute, coal insert enclosed; single axle bearing; original colour replication: black with red chassisAfter the production stop in 1916, G 10s were supplied again from 1917. The number of engines built the following year even exceeded the figure for all the previous years. Up to 1919, the allied victors of the First World War requisitioned 222 locomotives. Due to these losses and equipment lost in the war as well as a failure to produce new designs, the G 10 continued to be produced up to 1924. The last of them were supplied to DRG (German imperial railway) in 1927, probably due to liquidity problems. This means a further 2,032 locomotives were built after 1917. After their launch in 1910, many improvements were implemented in the design (e.g. feed dome, pre-heater), increasing the weight. There were also modifications to the frame structure and braking system. Originally, the series designation was intended to be 33, however the G 10 finally received the designation BR 57.10-35. In total, there were 2,358 engines with this designation. This figure did not last, because as early as in 1926, 42 were sold to Romania. Subsequently, up to the end of the 1930s, only a few were lost, mainly due to accidents. Just like in Prussian times, these engines were used especially on routes with a weaker superstructure but heavy goods traffic. Included here were Rbd (imperial railway directorate) Essen, Wuppertal, Breslau, Erfurt, Hannover and Kassel. The G 10 also quickly became established in the Bavarian directorates, with Augsburg, München, Nuremberg, Regensburg, Würzburg and Ludwigshafen together accounting for 156 G 10s by 1924. The outbreak of war in 1939 resulted in new challenges. Up to volume production of the 50 and 52 classes, the 57.10-35 with its low axle load and simple construction became the most important type in the eastern regions. Often, the pre-heating systems were deinstalled and additional antifreeze systems used. Some locomotives were provided with additional tenders to be able to carry more water in the Russian steppes.