Product Features and Details
This model will impress you with its new propulsion technology, developed specifically for the shallow space available within this track construction vehicle. Despite its size, the drive mechanism provides very smooth operation. (The model is suitable for both analog and digital operation, though some functions are only available for digital operation.)
Operating at slow speeds with sound, this model has an extremely realistic appearance.
This model will be at home on any layout as it has a variety of applications. The prototype is used not only in a range track inspection and maintenance operations (including delivery of supplies to work sites), but can also function as a light to medium duty switcher, being able to move several fully loaded freight cars.
With its top speed of about 60 mph, this vehicle is well suited to modern operating conditions, being able to move between locations quickly, white at the same time also being able to move slowly when required for track inspection or while within work sites.
Model features include:
- RailCom capable decoder with integrated sound module with a variety of operational noises. Sound effects are operationally dependent and include a user-activated (in digital mode) warning horn.
- Electric propulsion for both analog and digital operation with direction-dependent triple headlights and red rear lights as well as a flashing yellow warning light (switchable in digital mode);
- Cab includes operator figures.
- Model has NEM coupler pockets.
- Length over buffers—11.3 meters
- Height above rail—3.7 meters
- Width—2.9 meters
- Axle spacing—6.5 meters
- Water-cooled diesel motor KHD Type BF 8 M 1015-C, producing 440 kW/598 horsepower at 1900 rpm
- Top speed—129 km/h (about 80 mph) normal top operating speed 60 mph.
- Starting tractive effort 90 kN
- Towing capacity 200 metric tons
- Loaded vehicle weight approximately 30 metric tons
- Palfinger hydraulic crane type PK 1900
Prototype has both standard UIC couplers and link and pin couplers, the latter for towing small maintenance of way trailers and similar work equipment.
The prototypes are equipped for multiple unit (MU) operation, allowing two units to be controlled together.
- 13.4 x 3.5 x 4.8 cm
- Length over buffers 134mm