Product Features and Details
Steam locomotive class 209 of the Austrian Federal Railways (BBÖ).
- DCC Sound Decoder
- Ideal to haul express and passenger trains
- Free-standing cables and many separately applied plug-in parts
- Full metal wheels with low wheel flanges
- The smoke generator can be retrofitted.
The private Austrian Südbahn Gesellschaft procured this shapely steam locomotive from 1910 onwards to haul the increasingly heavy express trains on the mainline Vienna - Trieste. From 1910 to 1914, the locomotive factory StEG Vienna (Österreichisch-Ungarische Staatseisenbahngesellschaft), the Lokomotivfabrik Wiener Neustadt and the Wiener Lokomotivfabrik Floridsdorf delivered 44 locomotives for use in the Austrian railway network of the Südbahn. After the nationalisation of the Austrian share of the Südbahn in 1923, 17 locomotives were transferred to the Austrian Federal Railways (then designated BBÖ) as series 209, because number 109 was already occupied.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 419 mm
- Smoke generator retrofittable - yes
- Smoke generator Article number (digital) - Seuthe no. 11
- Flywheel - yes