Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive class 372 of the CD Cargo.
Completely new design!
- Finely detailed model with many separately applied plug-in parts
- Completely newly-developed current collectors with innovative attachment
- Elaborate roof area design as well as the ventilator slats allowing an unobstructed view
- Delicate design of the bogies as well as the spoked wheels
- With rail guards and air tanks in closed form for realistic presentation in display cabinets
- Representation of the modified LED lamps with prototypical cold white LEDs
- Rear signal can be switched using a DIP switch
For continuous electrical operation of the Dresden-Prague connection, the CSD, together with the Deutsche Reichsbahn (GDR), purchased 35 multi-system locomotives, which could be used on both the 3 kV direct current network of the CSSR and the 15 kV alternating current network of the GDR. After testing a prototype, fourteen series machines were put into operation from 1991 on and stationed in the locomotive depot Decín.
When the CD Cargo freight division was established in 2007, nine locomotives were assigned to the new company. Thanks to the fact that until 2016 these were the only locomotives of the CD Cargo that could be used on the German railway network, all locomotives were gradually modernised and painted in the new company colours.
In addition to their main field of operation, the locomotives are used to haul trains at the border crossing point Decín/Bad Schandau (and on to Dresden and Leipzig). They occasionally operate in the domestic traffic and therefore also reach the border stations to Poland.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes