Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive class 372 of the Czechoslovakian State Railways.
Completely new design!
- Finely detailed model with many separately applied plug-in parts
- Completely newly-developed current collectors with innovative attachment
- Elaborate roof area design as well as the ventilator slats allowing an unobstructed view
- Delicate design of the bogies as well as the spoked wheels
- With rail guards and air tanks in closed form for realistic presentation in display cabinets
- Rear signal can be switched using a DIP switch
In the 1980s, the DR purchased electric dual-mode locomotives to improve operating procedures in the steadily growing cross-border traffic on the railway lines between Berlin–Dresden–Prag.
However, the locomotive builder in the GDR, LEW Hennigsdorf, was working at full capacity at the time. Hence, the Czech locomotive factory Skoda, which already had gathered various experiences with such machines, received the order. The CSD series ES 499.1 and 499.2 served as a basis for the construction and design. However, new ground was broken with the German 15 kV/16? Hz power system. The double order contained 15 locomotives series 372 for the CSD and 20 locomotives series 230 for the DR.
The universal locomotives were used to haul passenger and goods trains. With an hourly power output of 3.260 kW, the locos reached a maximum speed of 120 km/h. In Germany, the series is affectionately called "Dumpling Press" whereas its Czech counterpart is called "Bastard".
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes