Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive class 230 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
Completely new design!
- Version as a series locomotive of the class 230
- Finely detailed model with many separately applied plug-in parts
- Completely newly-developed current collectors with innovative attachment
- Elaborate roof area design as well as the ventilator slats allowing an unobstructed view
- Delicate design of the bogies as well as the spoked wheels
- With rail guards and air tanks in closed form for realistic presentation in display cabinets
- Rear signal can be switched using a DIP switch
In the 1980s, the DR purchased electric dual-mode locomotives to improve operating procedures in the steadily growing cross-border traffic between the GDR and Czechoslovakia. Due to the lack of experience in the field of dual voltage technology (GDR: AC voltage 15 kV/16? Hz, CSSR: DC voltage 3 kV) and full capacity production at the electric locomotive manufacturer LEW in Hennigsdorf, the machines were built based on the CSD series ES 499.1 and 499.2. However, the locomotive factory Škoda had not built a locomotive for the AC system 15 kV/16? Hz before, so the parts of the AC equipment were supplied from the GDR. Due to the demand of the CSD, this resulted in a double order for Škoda with 15 locomotives class 372 and 20 locomotives class 230 for the DR.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes