Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive class 1043 of the Austrian Federal Railways.
- Authentic Swedish design with ÖBB wing-wheel
- With umbra grey-painted roof
- Delicately etched plates with locomotive numbers and ÖBB wing-wheel attached to the package
- Authentic roof design
- Converted lamps according to ÖBB standards
- The headlights can be partially or entirely switched off with a DIP switch.
To meet the need for rapid delivery of new locomotives for the freight transport on the "Tauernbahn", the ÖBB branched off four locomotives from the series production of the Swedish type Rc 2. The locomotives excelled with thyristor technology and quickly proved perfect for freight transportation. Until 1974 ten locomotives were delivered to the ÖBB. Hardly any other series of the ÖBB had such a wide variety of lettering variants in its service life.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 4
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 without close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Motor - 5-pole motor
- Additional light function - yes