Product Features and Details
Electric locomotive Ae 3/6? of the Swiss Federal Railways.
- DCC Sound Decoder
- Model in the design of the 2nd series
- Complete, finely-detailed new construction with elaborate reproduction of the “Buchli” drive and the pantographs
- Small lamps
- Short coupling mechanism at each end of the locomotive
- Fine spoked wheels
The Ae 3/6? came into operation between 1921 and 1929 and were in regular service for over 70 years. Initially used for the high-quality express train transport on the east-west axis, the machines also proved their worth in regional, postal and goods train services. They were found in all three parts of the country and on all railway lines - with the Saint Gotthard route being rather an exception. Only at the very beginning, the SBB used the Ae 3/6? on mountain lines, afterward, only in exceptional cases.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 3
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 358 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX22
- Head light - Light changeover true to the Swiss original.
- Buffer capacitor - yes