Product Features and Details
Electric multiple unit Plan V of the Dutch State Railways.
- Elaborately designed model with many separately applied plug-in parts
The two-part Dutch Electric Multiple Unit Plan V that was better known in the Netherlands as "Mat '64" or under the nickname Apekop (Monkey Head) - became one of the standard local trains of the Dutch State Railways in the mid-1960s. With a total of 246 units, it was the NS's most-built multiple unit at the time. From the V3 series on, the new colour scheme of the Dutch State Railways was also applied to the Plan V 415 units: bright yellow with grey details on the front and three blue, diagonal stripes on each side of the unit. The multiple units were used on almost all electrified railway lines in the Netherlands until they were finally scrapped.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 1
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Interior fitting - Model with interior furnishing
- Coupling - NEM shaft 362 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 419 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Interface - Electrical interface for traction units PluX16