Product Features and Details
Model in the photo-grey livery with attachable snow plow.
The steam locomotive series kkStB 180 was a freight train tender locomotive of the k.k. Austrian national railways, which were also procured by the Austrian Southern Railway. Due to the increasing demand for strong locomotives to transport coal on the North Bohemian routes, especially the nationalized Prague-Dux railway (PD), Karl Gölsdorf took the next constructive step in increasing the number of coupled axles. This was the first 0-10-0 locomotive ever built. The compound machines were equipped with a connecting tube. He improved the better negotiating of the curves by using the ideas of Richard von Helmholtz through laterally movable axles. From 1901 to 1908 181 pieces of the locomotive wer produced in the factory Floridsdorf, the Wiener Neustadt locomotive factory, the locomotive factory of the StEG and at the Bohemian-Moravian machine factory. The machines were able to carry on the 37 - ‰ gradient of the PD 190 t at 15 km / h, on a 10 - ‰ track 700 t at 20 km / h, while they put out 1050 hp. The 180s were stationed in Prague-Nusle, Laun, Pilsen, Budweis, Brno, Vienna-West, Wörgl, Knittelfeld, St. Veit on the Glan, Trieste, Gorizia and Stryj. From 1907 to 1910 58 units were built with different steam dryers (180,500-557). These locomotives received only one steam dome. The Südbahn also ordered 27 wet steam engines for their mountain routes at the Semmering and the Brenner, all of which were delivered by the Wiener Neustadt locomotive factory and by the locomotive factory Floridsdorf between 1901 and 1909 and differed only in details from the kkStB variant. 180.01 at the railway museum Straßhof (2002) After the First World War, the Südbahn 180s all came to the FS as row 477, which also received 50 copies from the kkStB. 105 pieces were assigned to the CSD, which they designated as row 523.0, the PKP ordered the former 180s as Tw11, the JDZ as 135 and the CFR retained the number 180. The BBÖ left 61 pieces of the series 180, of which up to 1938 all up to nine copies were sampled. The 180.01, stamped out for the Austrian Railway Museum, remained intact for the following decades, for example, in the hall of the Technical Museum in Vienna. After the Anschluss of Austria to the German Reich the German Reichsbahn ranked these nine pieces as 57 001-009. None of these machines survived the Second World War. In the interwar period, the CSD converted the composite machines into twin machines and then designated them as series 524.2. Fifty of these machines came from 1938 to 1945 as 57 701-750 to the German Reichsbahn. The CSD did not inspect their machines until the 1960s.
Model: Micro-Metakit's class 180 is a highly detailed handmade work of art. The model has a tremendous amount of details, it features a functional boiler hatch, full cab interior, brake shoes, sand hoses and a replicated braking system. Model also has sprung loaded puffers. The class 180 comes equipped with a high efficiency faulhaber type brushless motor so the running performace is incredible. Model is produce in very small quantites so it is very limited!