Product Features and Details
From 1955 to 1964, the German Federal Railroad took 942 rods diesel locomotives of the type V 60 for the light and medium shunting in operation. It is the most procured series of Federal Railroad at all. The 650-horsepower locomotives were found in all directorates and came from the mid-1990s and in the new federal states are used. Among other things, a host remit included the transporting light goods trains on main and branch lines as well as the occasional use in passenger train service. 1998 began the systematic upgrading to new engines. At the beginning of 2014 were still well over 200 machines in the DB in use. As no decision has been made for a successor design, the good old V 60, still remains indispensable for the DB. The richly illustrated special issue competently informed about technology and design changes, but also on tracings, using stocks and Beheimatungen at DB. The V sold to private railway companies and 60 deliveries abroad are treated in separate chapters.
Excerpts from our content
- Background: maneuvering with engine power
- Development: Robust workhorse wanted
- Technology: In nine years, 942 locomotives
- Color: color dress changed three times
- Special Features: Various specialties
- Use to 1993: Ubiquitous "tricycle"
- Repowering: Comprehensive makeover
- Use since 1994: Never Tired 'Rangierlieschen "
- International deliveries: Also an export hit
- Sales: In the used market
- Vehicle statistics Dealer addresses
- Source directory Imprint & Preview