Product Features and Details
Prototype: German State Railroad Company (DRG) class 75.4 steam tank locomotive. Former Baden class VIc.
Model: The locomotive is completely new tooling with the frame and locomotive body with boiler constructed of die-cast zinc. Other separately applied parts are mostly made of metal. This is a highly detailed model with many separately applied details and a detailed engineer's cab. The locomotive has a bell separately applied behind the smoke stack, older design buffers, a raised addition to the coal bunker made of boards, a prototypically longer smoke stack, a smoke box door with a central locking mechanism, and much more. The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder, controlled high-efficiency propulsion, and a sound generator with operating sounds synchronized with the wheels as well as extensive sound functions. The locomotive can be operated with AC power, DC power, Marklin Digital, and DCC. 3 axles powered. The locomotive has a built-in smoke unit with smoke exhaust and cylinder steam synchronized with the wheels. The locomotive has dual headlights with reproduction of gas lamps for oil gas that change over with the direction of travel and have a light color correct for the era. The headlights and the smoke unit will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. Cab and firebox lighting are included. The locomotive has a prototype reproduction coupler on the front and a claw coupler on the rear. Both can be replaced by the other type of coupler. An accessory package with a prototype reproduction coupler and a claw coupler, smoke fluid, and figures of an engineer and fireman is included with the locomotive. Minimum radius for operation is 1,020 mm / 40-1/8". Length over the buffers 39.7 cm / 15-5/8".
- Completely new tooling.
- Highly detailed full metal construction. Frame, superstructure, boiler, etc. constructed of die-cast zinc.
- Smoke generator with smoke exhaust and cylinder steam synchronized with the wheels.
- Operating sounds synchronized with the wheels and controlled by the load.
- Smoke box door, water tank hatches, and dome cover can be opened and include many details from the real life locomotive.
- Warm white LEDs for the headlights in the light color correct for the era.
- Two-color firebox flickering.
- Engineer's cab lighting.
- mfx decoder for operation with AC power, DC power, Marklin Digital, and DCC.
Prototype: The Classes 75.4, 75.10-11 (Baden VI c1-9) The class VI b (later the DRG class 75.1-3) turned in good results on the lines in Baden with their many curves and steep grades. The Baden State Railroad therefore went back to the 2-6-2T wheel arrangement for the further development of this type. However, the railroad equipped the new class "VI c" units with super-heated steam running gear. The higher permissible axle load allowed the installation of a super heater as well as a larger boiler. Hence, the performance and the speed of the new locomotive could be increased again. The wheel diameter was accordingly increased from 1,480 mm / 58-1/4" to 1,600 mm / 63" and the wheelbase was increased from 3,400 / 133-7/8" to 4,000 mm / 157-1/2". The result was now the fastest provincial railroad 2-6-2T tank locomotive in Germany. The first locomotive was delivered in 1914 by the builder Maschinenbau-Gesellschaft Karlsruhe (MBG). A total of 92 units in six production runs were placed into service by 1917. Together with the VI b predecessor model, they now formed 50 percent of the active Baden motive power roster. In 1918, 28 units had to be given up after the end of World War I as reparations payments (armistice locomotives), 15 to France, and 13 to Belgium. Since the VI c represented a thoroughly successful design that could be used for almost all types of operations, the German State Railroad (DRG) ordered another 43 units in the transition phase. All total the DRG took over 107 units as 75 401-494 (with gaps) and 75 1001-1023 as well as 1101-1120. The VI c soon made itself useful outside of Baden: By the end of the Twenties ten locomotives went to the Berlin S-Bahn, and in 1935, 38 locomotives went to Mecklenburg. After World War II, 66 units came to the DB that were used mainly in Freiburg, Offenburg, Radolfzell, Singen, Waldshut, Karlsruhe, and Villingen. The last VI c was not retired until 1967 with road number 75 1118. It is now an operational museum locomotive with the Ulm Railroad Fans (UEF) and runs in museum operations between Amstetten and Gerstetten. After 1945, 29 locomotives remained with the DR. They ran until the end of the Sixties in Haldensleben, Bautzen, and Löbau.