Product Features and Details
Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 44 heavy steam freight locomotive, with a type 2´2´T34 standard design coal tender. Black/red basic paint scheme. Standard design Witte smoke deflectors, pilot truck wheel set with spoked wheels, without smoke box central locking, with an inductive magnet on one side. Road number 44 1374. The locomotive looks as it did around 1962/63.
Model: The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 5 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and the coal tender are constructed mostly of metal. The 7226 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting, firebox flickering, and flickering at the ash pan can also be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. There is a close coupler with an NEM pocket and a guide mechanism on the tender and on the front of the locomotive. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective sleeves for the piston rods, brake hoses, and imitation couplers are included as detail parts.
Length over the buffers 26 cm / 10-1/4".
- Version with a coal tender based on the new tooling for the class 44 steam locomotive.
- World of Operation mfx+ digital decoder and a variety of operation and sound functions included.
- Cab lighting, firebox flickering, and flickering at the ash pan can also be controlled digitally.
- Partially open bar frame with a mostly clear view between the running gear and the boiler.
- High-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler.
- Ideal steam locomotive for unit trains.