Product Features and Details
Prototype: Type General Electric ES44AC heavy diesel electric freight locomotive painted and lettered for Union Pacific Railroad (UP). Yellow basic paint scheme. Road number 7912. The locomotive looks as it currently does in real life.
- Completely new tooling.
- Factory-installed smoke generator with dynamic smoke exhaust.
- Many controllable light and sound functions.
- Cab lighting can be controlled digitally.
- Lighted number boards can be controlled digitally.
- Long-distance headlights can be controlled.
- Centrally mounted motor, four axles powered using cardan shafts.
- Operation possible with knuckle couplers and normal close couplers.
- mfx+ decoder.
Model: The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound and light functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, centrally mounted. Two axles powered in each truck using cardan shafts. Traction tires. The locomotive has four headlights on the front and two lamps on the rear of the locomotive positioned next to each other. These lights change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be turned off in pairs in digital operation. The cab lighting, number board lighting, long-distance headlights, and the blinking function of the headlights can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free, warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. The locomotive has a factory-installed smoke generator with dynamic smoke exhaust and it can be controlled digitally. It also has many separately applied details. The NEM pockets can be fixed in place using shims included with the locomotive for operation with knuckle couplers. A pilot with a small cutout for the front, brake hoses, and two shims for the NEM pocket are included. Length over the couplers approximately 27 cm / 10-5/8".