Product Features and Details
Prototype: Class 41 steam freight locomotive with a tender. Older version painted and lettered for the German Federal Railroad (DB), with Witte smoke deflectors, older design boiler, type 2'2'T34 standard design tender, DB Reflex glass lamps, inductive magnet on one side, and buffer plate warning stripes. Road number 41 178. The locomotive looks as it did around 1965.
Model: The locomotive has the new mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, in the boiler. 4 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. The 7226 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is an adjustable close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender for different curves. There is a close coupler with an NEM pocket and guide mechanism on the front of the locomotive and the rear of the tender. Minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Protective sleeves for the piston rods and brake hoses are included as detail parts and can be mounted on the locomotive. Length over the buffers 27.5 cm / 10-13/16".
- New tooling for the class 41 in the version with the older design boiler.
- Partially open bar frame and many separately applied details.
- High-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, in the boiler.
- A variety of operating and sound functions that can be controlled digitally.
- Equipped with the new mfx+ digital decoder.
- Operation possible in beginner, advanced, and expert modes.
- Simulated operating supplies usage.
- Realistic running characteristics such as constant speed.
- Simulated engineer's cab in the Central Station 2 display.
- Control of the model in the cab mode by means of the touchscreen on the Central Station 2.
- These new functions are only available in conjunction with the Central Station 2 starting with firmware Version 3.0.
Please Note: Detailed descriptions may vary for this model. Exact detailed descriptions are never available for Toyfair locomotives.