Product Features and Details
Prototype: Finish in braune green color; Operation number 701 408. The progressive electrification of the main and the secondary sections of Germany required maintenance vehicles to ensure an always optimal condition of the overhead line. In order to be able to identify the aging vehicles from the beginning, the German Reichsbahn had therefore purchased new buildings from the end of the 1920s. Among other things, a very special "tower car" was installed, powered by accumulators (housed in the stems), which could be charged directly from the overhead cable directly from the overhead cable by the integration of a rectifier into the vehicle ,
The battery tower trucks were equipped with a crew room and a complete workshop. They were mostly on the road, but they were able to carry material trucks, for example, due to the added clutch and buffer. While the vehicles themselves were manufactured by JA Maffei, the electrical equipment from SSW (Siemens-Schuckert-Werke) and the batteries from AFA (Akkumulatoren-Fabrik AG) came.
Built between 1929 and 1933, a total of six vehicles developed, which differed partly in small details. They were stationed in Munich, Breslau and Augsburg. Partial modifications have been made from epoch III, eg additional sockets mounted frontally, an open toolbox mounted on one side of the chassis or the lamps exchanged. At the end of the 1970s, the vehicles were quite different in some details. Unfortunately, none of the interesting vehicles have been preserved museal.Model: with 21-pin interface according to NEM 660 for receiving a digital decoder. Motor with flywheel, clutch mount according to NEM 362 and short clutch kinematics, with Liliput short couplings. Three-light LED peak signal / two tail lights with the direction of travel changing (white / red). Car with built-in interior lighting, Recommended minimum radius: 360 mm.