Product Features and Details
Exclusive one-time limited edition in 2019 on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad in the USA - worldwide limited to 299 pieces.
We celebrate this anniversary with a special LGB locomotive set consisting of both locomotives as finely detailed metal models constructed of brass and die-cast zinc in the tradition of the earlier LGB metal models.
This is a set consisting of two steam locomotives as they looked at the opening of the first transcontinental railroad in the USA. The construction, paint schemes, and lettering are the same as the two replicas - Union Pacific RR locomotive "119" and the Central Pacific RR "Jupiter" locomotive as they presently are at the memorial site at Promontory Summit in Utah.
These are finely detailed models with heavy metal construction including many separately applied details. Each locomotive is driven by a powerful motor, has an mfx/DCC decoder with many light and sound functions such as headlights, cab lighting, firebox lights, and much more. The running sounds and a whistle and bell activated by reed switches will also work in analog operation. Each locomotive has a built-in smoke unit with steam exhaust synchronized with the wheels as well as cylinder steam and steam exhaust at the whistle, when the latter is activated. The cab doors and smoke box doors can be opened. There is a coupling between each locomotive and its tender, which can be adjusted for two lengths. Length over the couplers for locomotive "119" 55 cm / 21-5/8", for "Jupiter" locomotive 52 cm / 20-1/2". A reproduction of an American track spike – constructed of metal and genuine gold-plated – is included with the models. In addition, there is also an American flag included with the locomotives. The locomotives are packaged in a quality wooden case. Item no. 29000.
Set of two steam locomotives, as they were at the opening of the first transcontinental railroad in the United States. Execution, coloring and lettering according to the two replicas - Locomotive "119" of the Union Pacific RR and - Loco "Jupiter" of the Central Pacific RR as they are still in use today at the Memorial at the Promontory Summit in Utah.
Detailed models in heavy metal construction with many attached details. Each locomotive is powered by a high performance engine equipped with:
The models are a replica of an American rail nail - made of metal and gold plated.
- An mfx / DCC decoder with many lighting and sound functions such as headlights, cab lighting, firebulch lighting and much more
- Driving sound and reed switch triggerable whistle and bell also in analog mode operational
- Built-in smoke generator with radsynchronem steam ejection as well as cylinder steam and steam emission at the whistle, if this is operated
- Driver's cab doors and smoke chamber door to open
- Coupling between locomotive and tender in length adjustable in two stages
- Length over clutch Lok 119 55 cm
- Length over clutch: locomotive Jupiter 52 cm.
also suitable for the locomotives an American flag.
Packed in a wood transport box.
Series limited to 299 pieces
- Fine-detailed brass and die-cast metal models in the tradition of the earlier LGB metal models