Product Features and Details
Prototype: 1927 ordered the DRG for the moderate fast service a total of 38 electric locomotives of the series E17. They were the first express locomotives with the wheel arrangement 1D1. The locomotives were intended for use in Southern and Central Germany and were allocated to the DBs Munich and Leipzig. While the E17-101, E17-112 and 106 were delivered directly to the BW Leipzig, the locomotives E17-107 to 111 came only once in the spring and summer of 1929 to Munich. Presumably, there to be available for special trains as part of the Oberammergau Passion Play. In December 1929, she was then converted to Leipzig. From 1933 they arrived at BW Stuttgart and Ulm are used. The E17-113 / E17-120 were intended for use in the Silesian network. Five of them came to the BW Wroclaw. After the 2nd World War were still 26 locomotives at the German Federal Railways and two at the Deutsche Reichsbahn Ost in use. Both DR machines were retired in 1968, during the last 117-106 was retired until 24 April 1980.