Product Features and Details
Prototype: Since 1923, the Deutsche Reichsbahn manufactured unitized luggage cars as a replacement for obsolete Länderbahn vehicles. In the process, the standard ground rates were met in order to optimize storage and maintenance costs. In 1928, the construction of the passenger train luggage wagon was changed to replacement type. Among other things, this provided for the use of DIN standards, the standardization of components and the implementation of unconditional exchange without reworking mating parts. Built on the unit chassis, the car body was built from pillars and roof skirts made of metal and rims panel riveted. The cars Pwi -29 were built in total in a quantity of 410 copies, 370 of which fell on the year of construction 1929. Each side wall had two loading space openings with a width of 150 cm. Pw4ü-28 took over the entrance doors opening outwards. Continuous running boards on each side were available as well as the unit-compartment cars. The Pwi-29 were traveling throughout Germany and allowed for speeds of 90 km / h. Not only do they fit well with our BC-21 and D-21 compartment coaches, but also with many other 2- and 3-axle car sets up to the early 1970s.
Model: Handcrafted precision brass model with original screw couplings, interchangeable with KM1 double hook clutches or dog clutches. Spring buffer, kinematic close coupling with slide guide for exemplary close-coupled operation, ball-bearing, and spring-mounted axles, detailed interior fittings, complete detailing of the undercarriage and the brake system, switchable interior lighting including function decoder with flow buffer for flicker-free operation, sliding doors for opening, prototypically profiled wheels on both sides. Lp approx. 43.5 cm, weight approx. 2 kg, minimum radius 1020 mm.