Product Features and Details
Prototype: The Austrian Class 1216 (ES 64 U) is a Siemens locomotive built from 1999 to 2006. The ES 64 U runs in seven European countries and is nicknamed the "Taurus" locomotive; a name originally given to the Austrian Class 1016. The ES 64 U is used as both a passenger and freight locomotive. It has an 8600 horsepower rating and reaches a maximum speed of 140 MPH (230 KPH). In September of 2006 an Austrian Taurus set the world speed record for a locomotive when it reached a speed of 222 MPH (357 KPH) near Nurnberg.
- Highly detailed body featuring 2 metal pantographs
- Bi-directional LED head- and tail- lights
- Five pole motor with flywheel.
- All four axles powered; two with traction tires
- 6 pin NEM 651 decoder interface
- NEM close coupler pockets and mechanisms on both ends