Product Features and Details
Diesel electric double locomotive 288 002 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn. Completely new design!
¦ Rich detailing on the model with separately applied plug-in parts
¦ Extra ventilation grilles mounted under the arched roof
¦ Frame trims with four sandboxes each
¦ Switchable driver's cab lighting Between 1941 and 1942, four double locomotives of the type D 311 were put into operation by the German Wehrmacht. The Wehrmacht used the D 311.01 a/b, also known as "Walli" on the Crimean peninsula. Its sister locomotive D 311.02 a/b shunted the "Dora", the most massive railway gun ever built. Locomotives D 311.03 and 04 were intended to be used with the "Heavy Gustav 2" guns and probably served in the West. A fifth and sixth double locomotive was still ordered from Krupp but could not be built anymore due to the war events.
- Number of axles with traction tyres - 2
- Number of driven axles - 2
- Coupling - NEM shaft 355 with close coupling mechanism
- Minimum radius - 192 mm
- Flywheel - yes
- Sound - yes
- Next18 factory installed sound decoder
- Head light - Two direction dependent tail lights and dual headlights.
- Buffer capacitor - yes