Product Features and Details
Diesel locomotive class 260 of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
* Maintenance free motor
* LED headlights on each end of the locomotive
* Spring loaded central axle
* Metal rods
* The locomotive "noses" are reproduced to exact scale.
* Separately applied shunter's handles
* Unobstructed view throught the driver's cab
The Deutsche Bundesbahn procured the locomotives of the class V 60/V 60.1 from the mid-1950s on, to use them for heavy and light shunting services. The difference between the series V 60 (260) and V 60.1 (261) consists in the higher friction load of the BR 261.The machines achieved a top speed of 30 km/h during shunting maneuvers and a line speed of 60 km/h. It has a power output of 478 kW. After the decommissioning of the first locomotives in the 1980ies, many of them were delivered to domestic and foreign railway administrations.