Product Features and Details
Full interior cab details. Prototypical "daylight" between boiler and chassis. Fully operational, finely detailed Heusinger valve gear. Brake shoes between the wheels. Cast metal chassis. Motor with flywheel. With standard NEM 651 socket to install a Decoder. Drive in tender on 4 wheels, of which all have traction tyres. Triple LED-headlights at each end, tender end changing with direction of travel. Close-coupling between loco and tender. Slot-guide mechanism at each end with automatic PROFI-couplings for true close-coupling and pre-uncoupling. NEM 362 coupling socket. Epoch III.
The class G 3/4 H of the Royal Bavarian State Railway was constructed between 1919 and 1923. In comparison with the older G 3/4 N they were fitted with heated steam, a feed water heater, plus a larger and higher mounted boiler and the re-introduced Adams axle. Grouped together by the DRG as class 54.15-17, they were the most powerful 2-6-0 steam locos in Europe and more economical to run than their predecessors. All 225 engines were taken over by the Reichsbahn and were allocated the running numbers 54 1501-1725. The majority survived the Second World War. Although primarily designed for goods haulage, they were often used to haul passenger trains as well. They were coupled with the Bavarian tender, type bay. 3 T 18,2. The last units were operated by the Bw Nuremberg Rfb.