Product Features and Details
Prototype: express train steam locomotive class 18.5 German Federal Railroad (DB), with a Tender 2'2'T31,7. With short Wagner smoke deflectors, straight cab, DRG lamps below, DB reflex glass lamps above and buffer plate warning.Establishment number 18 537. did around 1958/59.
Model: With new mfx digital decoder and extensive sound functions +. Controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel in the boiler.3 axles powered. Traction tires. Locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. Smoke movement from 72270 is fitted as standard. Ride The triple headlights and built-in smoke in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. In addition, the cab lighting and flickering firebox is controlled digitally. The headlights are maintenance-free LEDs (LED).Close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. The tender has a close coupler kinematics with NEM. The minimum radius of 360 mm. Piston rod protection tubes, brake hoses and engine driver and fireman figurine figure are included. Length over the buffers 26.5 cm.
Express-series steam locomotive 18.5 In the spring of 1907 Maffei was awarded the contract to build a Pacific compound locomotive for the Bavarian State Railways. Starting developed by the incurred in the same house Baden "IV f" Maffei Bavarian S 3/6, which, by its timelessly elegant appearance, mainly characterized by the four-cylinder compound engine, soon to fascinate generations of railway enthusiasts The first machine left in July 1908, the factory, it was followed in the same year another six locomotives. In three model series (a to c) Maffei delivered until 1911 for another 16 largely identical machines. Notwithstanding these first 23 locomotives were 18 machines (series d and e, Maffei 1912/1913) driving wheels with diameter of 2,000 mm instead of 1,870 mm. Thereby also requires the boiler of these machines was higher. From the series f (three machines, 1913/1914), however, they returned back to the original driver wheel. Until 1918, the series i completed this first procurement period. With the exception of the 18 "Hochhaxigen" owned the remaining 71 machines all a wind cutting cab.The second procurement period began in 1923 and lasted until 1931. In time for the Reichsbahn 1923-24 Maffei delivered the series k with 30 machines, followed by the 1927-28 series l and m (20 machines) and serial n with only two machines 1930. Because Maffei went bankrupt, the last 18 copies of the S 3/6 were built as a series of o Henschel 1930/31 under license. The machines were initially located in Munich, Nuremberg and Ludwigshafen and started in heavy express train service. After the First World War, 19 locomotives were delivered as reparations. In the DRG, the remaining machines were equipped with small wheels the numbers 18401-434, 18461-478 and 18479-548, the "large-wheeled" the numbers 18441-458.In addition to the great Bavarian-based depots among others, the Bw Wiesbaden, Darmstadt, Halle / S. Osnabrück and the Bavarian parade horses. The best known traction during the Reichsbahn time is certainly the covering of the FFD 101/102 "Rheingold". After the Second World War the locomotives migrated largely on the passenger train service. From 1953 to 1956 a total of 30 machines in the last three series of the DB were modernized. Until 1962, the last of her sisters were not modernized off, only 18,505 remained at BZA Minden as Versuchslok to May 1967 in operation. You can today DGEG Railway Museum in Neustadt / Wine Route to be admired.