Product Features and Details
Already before 1945, the complete stock in Bavaria was replaced with the newer E 75 of the central German network. This was one of the measures to ensure as many modern locomotives as possible in the western occupation zones. All E77 were therefore located in the Soviet occupation zone after the end of the war. However, renovation and recommissioning only occurred much later. After most of the locomotives were sent to the Soviet Union as reparation and were returned to the GDR at the beginning of the 1950s. From then on they were mainly used by the DR for freight train but also for passenger train service until the end of the 1960s.
- Standard shaft to NEM 355
- 5-pole motor
- All axles driven
- Front light changes according to direction of travel