Product Features and Details
Prototype: During the mid-1960s, the Deutsche Bundesbahn was looking for an inexpensive replacement for the steam locomotives from the 82 and 94.5 series complete with counter-pressure brakes that were suitable for the last steep routes. In doing so, the decision was made to equip 10 locomotives from the third and final batch of the V100.20 with an additional hydrodynamic brake alongside the compressed air brake and handbrake. The most striking distinguishing feature of the V100 2332 to 2341 compared to the V100.20 series is the large air intake grille on the right hand side of the long front end directly behind the cooler shutters as well as the omission of the auxiliary diesel unit.
- Etched cooler grille and fan grille
- Free-standing handrails
- Spring buffers
- Clear view through the driver's cabin
- NEM-standard coupling
- Realistic reproduction of the tubular frame bogies incl. axle drive
- Reproduction of brake rods
- Completely recreated driver's cab
- Zinc die-cast chassis and gear housing
- Lights fitted with maintenance-free LEDs
- All specific details of the different series taken into consideration
Digital EXTRA: complete with the following features that can be digitally controlled:
- Sound, automatic decoupling, driver's cabin lighting, driven fans, shunting light and red light can be individually controlled
It is possible to retrospectively convert the model from analog to digital via a 22-pin NEM interface (only sound functions). Please note that it is not possible to retrospectively convert the digital remotecontrol coupling, the driven fan or the additional light functions.