- Boiler, driver's cab and tender made of high-quality, impact-resistant plastic
- Perforated underframe and spoked wheels in die-cast zinc
- Smoke generator and sound decoder, either built in or as a retrofit option
- Illuminated driver's cab
- True-to epoch lighting, multipart lamp housing
- Standard shaft rear with link guide
- Close coupling between locomotive and tender
- Perfectly replicated back boilerplate
- Finest paintwork and printing
- Lines and extra mounted parts in minimum material thickness
- Extra mounted steps
- 1000 mm leading wheels
Navigable minimum radius: The models of BR 01 are technically suitable for R 360. For best driving characteristics we recommend the use on R 420.
Prototype: The Cologne Reichsbahn directorate did not receive the 01 192 – 198 locomotives for operations along the Rhine until 1936/1937, which was very late indeed. 01 193 was phased out on 21.12.1936 and assigned to the Deutzerfeld railway depot. The area of responsibility for the locomotive included the route of the legendary “Rheingold-Express”, assumed from the BR 18.5. As early as 1930, the Offenburg railway depot operated it with an 01 vehicle along the Upper Rhine to Basel. The 01 193 also survived the war in Cologne and moved to Hamm in 1948. Here, it operated on the East-West axis between Aachen and Hanover with numerous sister locomotives until 1959 and was then transferred to Paderborn. A new high-performance boiler was installed in Nied in 1960. In 1964, it was passed on to Rheine after only five years. As was the case with trains starting in Paderborn, it turned in Kassel and travelled north to Bremen, Emden and Oldenburg. The “Rheiner 01” vehicles were often installed with a 2´2T30 Tender for utilisation in The Netherlands. The increasing allocation of the 01.10 meant that the 01 became expendable, the 001 193-2 was decommissioned as early as 21.06.1968. Gustav Ahrens GmbH dismantled it in Essen-Rellinghausen in September and October 1969.