Home : Products : Brawa : HO Locomotives : 40809 - German Steam Locomotive BR 57.10 of the DB
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams

Follow Us
  • Services & Programs
     
     

    <<Previous Item Item 33 of 246 Next Item>>


    Brawa German Steam Locomotive BR 57.10 of the DB  
        

    Brawa 40809

    Price: $464.90

    System Scale Country Era Railway Dimensions
    AC HO Germany III DB 217.4mm
    Brawa 40809 - German Steam Locomotive BR 57.10 of the DB

    Product Features and Details
    HO Scale AC Era III Includes a digital decoder 

    Road no. 57 2070

    Model: Boiler, chassis, tender and body in die-cast zinc; finest metal spoked wheels; smoke generator and sound decoder, either built in or as a retrofit option; true-to epoch lighting, multipart lamp housing; illuminated driver's cab; standard shaft front and rear with link guide; close coupling between locomotive and tender; perfectly replicated back boilerplate; metal, filigree reversing gear; finest paintwork and printing; lines and extra mounted parts in minimum material thickness; drive in the locomotive; empty coal chute, coal insert enclosed; single axle bearing

    After the end of the war, a large number of G 10s were lost. The directorates in the western-occupied zones held stocks of about 650 engines. More than 1,000 were considered lost or retained by foreign rail companies. In 1952 there was a remainder of 485 locomotives in the fleet. As in the time of the DRG, the largest stocks were in Essen and Wuppertal. Next came Stuttgart, Trier, Frankfurt and Karlsruhe. Apart from its deployment on routes with a light superstructure, the BR 57 was often used as a shunting locomotive. For this purpose, several locomotives were equipped with shunting radio. They were used for shunting especially on the extensive tracks of the shunting stations in Basle (Haltingen depot) and the Hagen depot. The depot in Cochem used class 57 locomotives to shunt a large number of trains on the Mosel route. In the early 1950s, these services were also available in Hausach on the Schwarzwaldbahn (Black Forest railway). In many conurbations in the 1950s, the G 10 pulled the local goods trains “round the houses”, while the BR 50 was used for more difficult jobs. As the pace of structural change increased, these tasks were transferred to diesel and electric locomotives, with standard locomotives replacing the Prussians. In many places, the V 60 took over shunting work, leading to inventories being given up. It was decided in 1959 that G 10 would only be used in L2. This meant that, from 1959 to 1967, the fleet dwindled from 149 to just 7 engines.

    Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought

    Marklin 82329
    Brawa 41605
    Marklin 46028
    Marklin 39395
    Brawa 43217

    Brawa Latest News

     
    ©1987-2019 Reynaulds Euro-Imports, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
     
     
     
     
    Brawa Premium Partner
    McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams