Product Features and Details
Prototype: German Federal Railroad (DB) class 050 steam freight locomotive with a cabin tender. Witte smoke deflectors, 4 boiler domes, shortened running boards, DB Reflex glass lamps, and inductive magnets. Locomotive road number 050 045-4. The locomotive looks as it did around 1970.
Model: The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has controlled high-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler. 5 axles powered. Traction tires. The locomotive and tender are constructed mostly of metal. A 7226 smoke unit can be installed in the locomotive. The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. They and the smoke unit that can be installed in the locomotive will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. The cab lighting and the cabin lighting in the tender cabin can be controlled separately in digital operation. Maintenance-free warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a figure in the tender cabin of a train conductor, installed at the factory. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and tender. The rear of the tender and the front of the locomotive have close couplers with NEM pockets and guide mechanisms. The minimum radius for operation is 360 mm / 14-3/16". Figures of a locomotive engineer and a fireman as well as protective piston sleeves and brake hoses are included. Length over the buffers 26.5 cm / 10-7/16".
- Cab lighting digitally controlled.
- Lighting in the tender cabin digitally controlled.
- Figures of a locomotive engineer and a fireman included.
- Train conductor in the tender cabin.
- Especially finely detailed metal construction.
- Partially open bar frame and many separately applied details.
- High-efficiency propulsion with a flywheel, mounted in the boiler.
- Digital decoder and extensive operational and sound functions included.