Product Features and Details
Prototype: German State Railroad (DR) class 37 steam passenger locomotive with a tender. Standard design locomotive with Wagner smoke deflectors. The locomotive looks as it did around 1970 shortly after being renumbered and has the computer-generated road number 37 1009-2. This unit was last based at the maintenance facility in Güsten. In 1972, it was sold to the Federal Republic of Germany. There it was changed back to 24 009.
The locomotive has a digital decoder and extensive sound functions. It also has a special motor in the boiler. 3 axles powered. Traction tires. The boiler is constructed of metal. The locomotive has a smoke unit contact for installation later of a smoke unit (72270). The triple headlights change over with the direction of travel. Maintenance-free, warm white LEDs are used for the lighting. There is a close coupling with a guide mechanism between the locomotive and the tender. There is a close coupler with an NEM pocket and a guide mechanism on the rear of the tender. There is a close coupler in an NEM pocket on the front of the locomotive.Length over the buffers 19.4 cm / 7-5/8".
This item is being produced as a one-time series
- Locomotive includes a multi-protocol decoder and a variety of sound functions.
- Detailed, affordable beginner's model.
- Era IV
- DCC decoder
- Digital decoder with up to 32 digitally controlled functions. The quantity depends on the controller being used.
- Sound effects circuit
- Triple headlights front and rear that change over with the direction of travel
- Metal locomotive frame and boiler
- With NEM coupler pocket and mechanism for close couplers
- Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with guide mechanism.